HANDS-ON: The Art and Technology of Perfumery Foundation Plus Workshop - In Person May 9th - May 12th, 2023ATP03DP
HANDS-ON COURSE IN PERSON AT OUR LOS ANGELES STUDIO
Full Tuition: $1,295.00 // Deposit: $250.00
The Art and Technology of Perfumery Foundation Plus Workshop is the world's premier short-form perfumery certificate course.
Our hands-on workshop provides access to approx. 800 industry-standard raw materials and employs a unique method of training developed over the past two decades. It is by far the most popular perfumery course available anywhere, taught internationally in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East.
No prior knowledge of perfumery is required, so the training is suitable for beginners. But no matter your skill level when you start — whether a complete novice or a Ph.D. with 30 years of experience in the industry — you are guaranteed to progress exponentially.
Past participants have worked for (or gone on to work with) Firmenich, IFF, Mane, Paul Mitchell, Aveda, and Penhaligons and launched countless niche perfume and lifestyle brands.
Practicalities — Non-refundable deposits are required to reserve a place on a course. Any balance is due before the start of class on the first day. Participants will receive textbooks, handouts, and a copy of the Perfumers Workbook fragrance creation software. All equipment and approximately eight hundred raw materials are provided during the class.
Classes run from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm, with lunch breaks. Typically, the mornings focus on theory, while the afternoons are spent putting the theory into practice. You will be blending fragrances from the first day.
Please Note: Completion of a Foundation Plus Workshop is a pre-requisite for the two-week Professional Level Workshops/Master Classes in 2023
The workshop covers:
- Commercial perfumery
- Natural perfumery
- Spa and lifestyle products
Times: 10:00 am to 4:30 pm, Tuesday to Friday (4 days)
- Safety First
- What is perfume?
- Perfume structure overview
- Odor classification
- Workshop: Making your first perfume
- Aromatherapy - Theory and practice
- Aromachology - The psychology of smell
- Spa and lifestyle products
- Natural Perfumery
- Workshop: Making the perfect natural blend
- Smelling techniques
- Synaesthesia - The secret language of smell
- Odor description
- The Perfumer's Workbook Software (included)
- Workshop: Developing a perfume using The Perfumer's Workbook
- Theories of why things have smells
- Making scents and sense of aroma chemical names
- Overview of natural perfumery materials
- Synthetic perfumery materials
- Workshop: Using natural and synthetic aroma materials
- Composing perfumes
- Creative techniques
- Formulating by function
- Overcoming creative blocks
- Workshop: Creating original perfumes
- Perfume applications
- Ingredients and formulations
- Perfume products in home and industry
- Resolving issues with fragrance in applications
- Workshop: Creating fragrance for products
- Storage of perfume and raw materials
- Quality Control methods
- Quality Assurance
- Safety Last
- The 'X' Factor
- Workshop: Putting it all together, creating for projects
FREE: Workshop participants will receive a registered version of The Perfumer's Workbook - a powerful perfume-creation tool for Mac and Windows.