The Art and Technology of Perfumery Professional Level Workshop March 19th - 30th, 2024ATP2DP32024
HANDS-ON COURSE IN PERSON AT OUR LOS ANGELES STUDIO
Full Tuition: $2,900.00 // Deposit: $580.00
10 in person study days, Tuesday through Saturday.
The Perfumer's Studio is the only place in the US where the complete Art and Technology of Perfumery Professional Level Course is currently being offered.
Developed over the past 20 years by perfumer Stephen V. Dowthwaite, this multimedia, hands-on perfumery intensive (10 study days, Tuesday to Saturday) employs interactive, project-based training that builds on the Art and Technology of Perfumery Foundation Plus Workshop.
Recognized as the world's premier short-form perfumery course, participants have access to more than 800 raw materials and bases, and a revolutionary method of training that alternates theoretical instruction with practical workshop sessions. The sessions are focused on your personal projects, that you follow through from inception to final presentation (optional) at the end of the course.
Professional Level course objectives include: understanding the majority of perfumery jargon; an awareness of major legislation, safety, and stability affecting perfumery; independent creation of a range of perfumes in ALL major perfume families; modification of creations for odor, cost, and product applications; the ability to decipher perfume inquiries systematically and successfully; adding your own objectives and goals.
If you would like any further information, please contact us.
Please Note: Completion of the Art and Technology of Perfumery Foundation Plus Workshop is a pre-requisite for the two-week Professional Level Workshops/Master Classes.
Students are required to attend all days of any course. If you are unable to commit to the full schedule at this time, please make plans to attend a future course.
- Advanced smelling techniques
- Smelling from different substrates
- Advanced odor classification
- Developing your own product line concept
- Creating your own product line
- Creation of all major single florals using synthetics and naturals
- How to create new or unknown florals
- The secrets of creating accords quickly
- Creating floral bouquets
- Creating examples of all modern fragrance groups — Aldehydic, Fougere, Chypre, Oriental, Gourmand, etc.
- Modifying these quickly to transform them into new perfumes
- Reverse smelling techniques
- Decoding a perfume
- Safety and legislation considerations
- IFRA, EU and other regulatory bodies
- Preparing shipping documents
- Commercial aspects of your product
- Costing your product
- How to modify a fragrance for different product applications
- Testing your perfume in product
- Reading and understanding a GC/MS report
- Interpreting a GC/MS report
- How to use the GC/MS report to reproduce a perfume
- How to modify a formula based on a GC/MS report
- Presenting your product line
- The Highest Technique
FREE: All workshop participants will receive a registered version of The Perfumer's Workbook — a powerful perfume-creation tool for Mac and Windows.